- Kasey Kahne (led 138 laps and finished second - got passed for the lead with 9 laps to go)
- Matt Kenseth (led 1 lap and finished third)
- Jimmie Johnson (led 130 laps and finished fourth - lost the lead on final pitstop)
Threats for First Charlotte Win
- Kyle Busch (led 4 laps and finished fifth after an early pit road issue)
- Greg Biffle (finished 16th)
- Brian Vickers (finished 25th)
I would say 2-3-4-5 is not bad, with that group leading 273 of the 334 laps.
On to Talladega next weekend, this one will be much harder to pick. Maybe I'll just go with the "Dave Theory".