After Sunday's race in Kansas, we see one of our tightest races in the FLOPPER standings in a while.
1) David Ragan, Bobby Labonte, and David Stremme are virtually tied, all about 80 points ahead of Paul Menard for the title.
2) I also included this week a list of each person's laps led on the seasons. Interesting to see the range of those numbers from 0 to 179. Definitely some surprises in there.
3) Funny to think that AJ Allmendinger is the only guy on this list who has 0 laps led all year. Would you have guessed that? His 0 laps led are still good enough to stay ahead of Martin Truex Jr, who has led a respectable 179 laps this season.
4) Truex's 179 laps led is actually more than (would you have guessed this): Carl Edwards, Brian Vickers, Dale Earnhart Jr, David Reutimann, and is just 9 laps less than all four Richard Childress cars combined. I'm serious. Maybe he does have some potential to bounce back next year, and his move to Michael Waltrip Racing will be a good one.
5) If Bobby Labonte keeps getting last place finishes like he did at Kansas, he'll quickly find himself at the top of this table.
email any comments to firstname.lastname@example.org