With only six races to go, we don't see much change in the FLOPPER standings.
1) Paul Menard still holds a decent lead, with 4 guys back between 85 and 144 points back.
2) There is still a chance for one of them to make a late move to the top of these standings. 6 races is a lot of time to make something happen.
3) I'm surprised to see two Roush cars down here (Jamie McMurray and David Ragan). A big fall from 2005 when all five of their cars made the Chase.
4) Not surprising, however, is finding three cars from Richard Petty Motorsports in this group. It makes you wonder how well Kasey Kahne would perform if he didn't have teammates performing so poorly.
5) Today I highlight a very surprising item, the fact that Paul Menard has completed more laps this season than anybody else on this list. He's done a good job of staying on the track all year. Would you have guessed this? Menard's 8371 laps completed ranks him 11th among all drivers this season in laps completed, ahead of five chase drivers. Very impressive.
email any comments to email@example.com